Monday, February 21, 2011

Duke Nukem Forever use Steamworks controversial

I'm not really surprised that Duke Nukem Forever will use Steamworks for how both single and multiplayer when it comes to PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on 3 May. I still have mixed feelings on Steam, in part because it means that other online retailers will probably carrying the game, but also because it means steam must be running, which presents its own problems. Rarely I have problems with the service to be fair, but when I do, and you open error messages like "sorry, that's not available now," I want to punch on the screen.

If you're rabidly pro-Steam from another, the news should be a boon. DNF Publisher 2 K has not yet said whether this includes steam achievements, but suggestions in it more to come as "a pile of applications [players] have been wondering ... are intended." The response to the news on the official Developer forum for DNF have been mixed.

"I hate when I have to play SP [singleplayer] using [S] team," writes one user. I'll be good if only the multiplayer requires [S] team. "

"Suddenly I don't want to buy more," writes another. "Steam is stupid."

The balance leans positive, though.

"Steam is much better than any detail [G] amestop or EBgames," writes a lawyer, adding that "steam saved PC gaming".

"Steam was a minor annoyance at first," writes another, Anabaptists fogless users for "overreacting" and the "continuing at least say you hate change and 2 K for legitimate reasons, such as the atrocious box cover a. ..I am going to go play Team Fortress 2 now, and I'm pretty sure the valve is not stealing my information and using my PC resources for their dirty schemes.

What do you think? Thumbs up or down to feed the Steamworks DNF PC version?

Keep tabs on us: Twitter-Facebook-RSS | Tip us or get in touch



No comments:

Post a Comment