Friday, February 18, 2011

Raps GeoHot on Sony PS3 hacking lawsuit, videos inside

It seems that the PlayStation 3 jailbreaker George Hotz, also known as GeoHot, isn't too happy that Sony has brought forth its hardware. Apparently decided to vent his anger in a rap song (video embedded below, MP3 available from MultiUpload) as part of The Light It Up Contest.

Sony legal attacks against hackers who issued the PS3 root key and custom firmware began last month. Group known as fail0verflow is accused of posting a crude hack in December 2010 after finding the codes for the PS3. It was perfected by GeoHot weeks later when he independently and published the main key of PS3. The resulting hack allow homebrew apps and pirated software to run unmodified on consoles. Sony is still threatening to sue anybodyposting or distributing code jailbreak PS3 and that a federal judge for Google and Twitter to surrender details of who watch illegal content. This is despite the fact that Sony accidentally tweeted the security key for PlayStation 3 earlier this week.

We are wondering if you could have more sense for Sony Computer Entertainment to withdraw its lawsuit and Sony BMG Music Entertainment sign instead of the guy. What do you think? If you do not catch all that said, check out the texts below, taken from the description of the video, in which Sony's Apps also says "you got some rappers signed, right? Come to me bro "and" Cries a heretic for light beat East, road to the contest, Karmaloop codes for sponsoring the contest and SCEA to quote me ":

Yo is geohot
And for those who do not know
I'm always quoted by Sony

We take this out of the courtroom and in the streets
I am a beast, at least, it is necessary to deal with me in the Northeast
Get my ire up, light my fire
I'll go more difficult than Eminem went to Mariah
Call me a liar
Pound me in the ass with no Lube, rubbing
You're fucking with the guy who got the keys to your safe and
Those who cannot bring clothes
Cry of your Uncle Sam for the settlement of disputes
Thought that you should address this problem with a little more tact
But then again fudgepackers, I dont know Jack

I shed a tear that I think everytime Lik Sang
But shit man, they're a corporation
And I am a personification of liberty for all
Fills with dockets, as this is a concept foreign to y'all
While the water muddy lawyers and stall Troo
Out of business for me is the prison
And you're quoting civilly

Perform in the classroom
Go on, do it, I dare you



No comments:

Post a Comment